Claire’s Beauty Treatments uses high quality waxes designed especially for professional waxers and made using the finest ingredients. There are two types of wax:
No double dipping! A new roller cartridge is used for each client.
Claire is an Intimate Waxing Expert trained by Kim Lawless 'The Wax Queen' in Female Brazilian and Hollywood Waxing.
Preparation and Aftercare Guide
Before your waxing treatment.
- Allow the hairs to grow for 4 weeks from previous wax or 3 weeks if you've been plucking or shaving.
- Exfoliate gently a few days before your treatment.
- Do not have any heat treatments (e.g. sunbathing, sauna,) 24 hours prior to the waxing treatment.
- If the hair is long the hair will be trimmed at your appointment to the correct length if necessary. It is preferred that you don't trim before your appointment in case you trim too short.
- It takes regular treatments before the hair growth is on a similar growth cycle and with regular 4-5 week appointments you won't find waxing as sensitive and will notice sparser regrowth.
- Please arrive clean and fresh.
- If showering before your appointment you must do so more than 1 hour before the treatment to allow the skin to cool down, this is important as the warm water softens the skin and waxing soft warm skin can cause trauma and irritation.
- If you have your period on wax day and are having a Hollywood, Brazilian or G-String wax please wear a fresh tampon, tuck the string in and let Claire know so she can avoid the string.
- Do not apply moisturisers, deodorant, makeup, talc, oil, or perfume to the area that will be waxed.
- Wear loose clean clothing, fresh underwear is recommended for after intimate bikini waxing. Tight clothing will rub against the freshly waxed area.
- Wear old/inexpensive clothing. Wax/oil/cleansers are used during treatment and antibacterial disinfectant is used on the couch, these may not wash out of certain materials.
- A consultation form must be signed before the treatment can proceed.
- No double dipping! Only new spatulas touch the wax in the wax pot.
- No double dipping! A new roller cartridge is used for each client.
- For 24-48 hours avoid friction, tight clothing, do not go to the gym, swimming or have heat treatments (e.g. no hot showers or baths, no sunbathing, no sauna, no hot tubs).
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel to soothe and cool the area.
- Do not apply moisturisers, deodorant, makeup, perfume, fake tan or any products to the area for 24-48 hours.
- Erythema, temporary redness, slight soreness, small bumps, histamine reaction, may occur after the treatment and should start to subside in 24-48 hours.
- A few days after your treatment very gently exfoliate up to 3 times a week to help prevent any ingrown hairs.
- Moisturise daily when the skin is still wet after your shower.
- Do not shave, pluck, trim or use any hair removal methods in between waxing treatments.